Berries and beets are chock full of anthocyanins, which are a type of flavonoid with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effects! Anthocyanins are the pigments that give these foods — raspberries, blueberries, beets, and so on — their deep red, purple and blue hues.
This recipe is easy, delicious, and fun to look at!
Berry Beet Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Beet (medium, peeled, diced)
- 1 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Schisandra Berry Powder (optional)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- In your blender or food processor, combine the beet, frozen mango, frozen raspberries, dates, schisandra berry powder and milk. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!