When most of us think of chocolate, we generally conjure and image of something with lots of sugar to perk us up… but with this Hot Chocolate Elixir, we have a decadent chocolate drink that’s healthy enough to serve as a breakfast. It’s packed with all the pick-me-up benefits you want, with none of the sugar crash that you don’t want!
Cocoa is the unsung hero behind – or rather in – dark chocolate. Raw cocoa contains a massive antioxidant capacity, including phytonutrient flavonoids. The flavonoids in cocoa have been studied to show their ability to oxygenate the blood and brain. This flavonoids in cocoa have been found to possess many benefits, such as: memory improvement, mental processing speed, attention span, and verbal fluidity.
Chia seeds, coconut oil, and almond butter contain a variety of healthy fats that help to nourish our nervous systems and may assist in stabilizing mood. Chia seeds, cauliflower and almond butter also contain fibre, which supports blood sugar balance and optimal elimination habits – both of which may help reduce anxiety symptoms and/or triggers.
Give it a try today!
Hot Chocolate Elixir
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Frozen Cauliflower
- ½ Banana
- 2 tbsps Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tbsps Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt optional, for topping
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the almond milk. Bring to a simmer and then add to a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Blend carefully, allowing space for the heat to escape, until smooth and creamy. Serve warm and enjoy!