Looking for a calming bedtime beverage?
Ashwagandha Moon Milk is ideally sipped daily before bedtime.
Moon milk contains a blend of adaptogenic herbs and spices, including Ashwagandha, to help inspire a restful night’s rest.
Adaptogens are herbs that help us be more resilient to stressors. Ashwagandha specifically can help balance blood sugar levels, reduce anxiety and depression, improve sleep quality, and reduce pain and inflammation. If you’re interested in the health benefits of Ashwagandha, we’ve written about it in more detail here.
The addition of warming herbs and spices such as cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg compliments the bitter and pungent flavours of Ashwagandha perfectly. These spices aren’t without their own health benefits, however! Warming spices are known to benefit circulatory health, help control blood sugar levels, and promote digestive health. Plus, these warming spices have a comforting aroma, and a calming, nourishing effect.
Consume 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder (equivalent to 1-gram or 1,000-milligram extract) per day. As with many herbal remedies, it can take,6 to 12 weeks to observe the full effects. Dosages used in studies range from 250mg per day up to 600mg per day.
Ashwagandha Moon Milk
- 1 cup Milk of Choice whole, almond, coconut, etc.
- ½ tsp Ground Ashwagandha Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- Bring the milk to a low simmer, but don't let it boil.
- Once the milk is hot, whisk in the Ashwagandha, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Gently simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in the coconut oil, and pour the moon milk into a cup. Sweeten with honey or maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!