Have you been searching for a sweet treat you can enjoy without any guilt? Hear your sweet tooth calling but don’t want to derail your nutrition and health goals?
This Green Tea Banana Ice Cream comes to the rescue! With only two ingredients, and in less than five minutes in the kitchen, this creamy dessert can be in your bowl.
Did you know bananas are a good source of potassium? An imbalance of potassium can cause many different symptoms, including weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps, and mood changes such as anxiety. Low levels of potassium can increase mental fatigue and reduce your body’s ability to handle stress.
Green tea is known for it’s antioxidant effect, but it is also a great source of amino acid theanine. According to the research, theanine can increase feelings of relaxation and calm. One study found that participants who drank green tea showed “improvements in mood, cognition and a reduction of stress and anxiety-like symptoms”.
If you are like most folks and have a bunch of frozen bananas in the freezer for that banana bread you’ve been meaning to make, try this instead! It’s way fewer dishes too!
Green Tea Banana Ice Cream
- 2 Banana sliced and frozen
- 1½ tsps Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Add frozen bananas and Matcha green tea powder to the bowl of a food processor with an S-blade and process. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure even processing. Continue to process until smooth approximately 2-3 minutes.
- For soft serve consistency: Scoop into serving bowls and enjoy.
- For firmer ice cream consistency: Place in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.