Many folks complain about feeling deprived while following a keto diet, but with recipes like this Coconut Chicken Curry & Zoodles – you’re sure to enjoy your mealtime. Whether you are following a ketogenic diet or not, this dish is a healthy, satisfying and well-balanced meal that’s sure to “hit the spot!
With avocado oil and full-fat coconut milk this recipe is chock-full of healthy medium-chain triglycerides and omega 9’s to help you feel fuller for longer, support a healthy metabolism, and help reach fat-intake targets for those following a keto diet.
Zucchini noodles aka “zoodles” are a low-carb, pasta alternative for those following a keto diet. That said, even if you are not following keto, zucchini noodles offer a lighter, fresher feeling base to a meal – which is especially pleasing during summer months when we tend to crave lighter meals anyway.
Turmeric, curry powder, cumin and black pepper ensure this meal is not only brimming with delicious flavour, but also filled with powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds like curcumin from the turmeric. Plus, black pepper acts synergistically with turmeric to increase its anti-inflammatory action.
So, give it a try! Fill your plate with some beautiful and tasty Coconut Chicken Curry & Zoodles!
And if you like recipes like this one, you will LOVE our 7-day Ketogenic Menu Plan which is packed with over 40 fantastic keto meal and snack recipes and a grocery list to make shopping easy! Check it out!
Coconut Chicken Curry & Zoodles
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil (divided)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Butter (aka Coconut Manna)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Zucchini (spiralized)
- In a large skillet, heat half of the avocado oil over medium heat. Add in the cubed chicken breast and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut flour, turmeric, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Once the sauce is your desired thickness, add it to the skillet with the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, add the other half of the avocado oil over low heat and add the spiralized zucchini. Add a lid to steam the zucchini and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between plates. Top with the coconut chicken curry. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.