Whether you are pregnant and looking for an iron-rich meal that won’t turn your stomach, or just really busy and need a quick and easy to prepare (but healthy!) meal – this Beef & Broccoli recipe has got you covered!
Some of the most important nutrients during pregnancy are:
- calcium, and
This recipe contains 3mg of iron, which equates to approximately 11% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for pregnant women and approximately 16% RDA for most adults; 115mg of calcium, which is approximately 10% RDA for pregnant women and 12% RDA for other adults; plus 103mcg of folate, which is approximately 17% RDA for pregnant women and about 26% RDA for all other adults.
This Beef and Broccoli dish also contains ginger, which not only tastes great, but can help with indigestion and nausea (from pregnancy or otherwise).
Also highlighted in this recipe is tons of broccoli which is a superfood and high in fibre and many other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
Because it is quick to prepare, taking only 15 minutes, it is a great option if you are feeling tired and fatigued.
This recipe is for 2 servings sizes, but you could easily double the recipe to have leftovers the next day or to serve your whole family. You can store leftovers sealed in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This Beef and Broccoli dish can also be served on a bed of brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Chinese Beef & Broccoli
- 2⅔ fl ozs Bone Broth
- 2 tbsps Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Ginger fresh, minced
- 1 Clove Garlic fresh, minced
- 1 tsp Sambal optional
- 1 tbsp Tapicoa Starch
- ½ tsp Avocado Oil
- ½ tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 10 ozs Flank Steak sliced against the grain
- 3 cups Broccoli florets, chopped
- Sesame Seeds to Garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger tapioca starch and sambal, if using, until no clumps remain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil. Once it is hot, add the steak slices and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sauce to the pan and cook for an additional minute. Add the broccoli, stir in sesame oil, then cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!