In fact, this makes a great keto friendly dessert for anyone following that diet. It makes 16 bars with 4 grams of protein, 20.5 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber.
This treat will not spike blood sugars and will support better balance of mood and energy throughout the day.
With the coconut sprinkles it can be a great birthday party or kids treat too. The sugar used in this recipe can be monk fruit, erithytol or swerve which have 0 calories and does not spike blood sugars. You can freeze or refrigerate them so can be a quick grab and go when that sugar craving comes on.
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- natural food colouring in a variety of colours
- 2 cups blanched almond flours
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol-based sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powered erythritol-based sweetener
- 2-4 tbsp heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- natural red food colouring (optional)