Although these cute little “Love Bites” make an adorable Valentine’s Day treat, they come together so easily you’ll want to make them often for your partner – or even just for yourself. You know you’re worth it! Plus, they are good for you.
In one large study of 13,000 people, those who ate dark chocolate in the previous 24 hours were 70% less likely to report depression. And it didn’t take much, just 12 grams of dark chocolate was enough to elicit this effect. That’s just 2 or 3 of these treats!
Not only are these treats potentially mood enhancing, they offer so much pleasure on the palate! The smooth velvety chocolate, the crunchy snap of the slivered almonds, and the sweet burst of fruit from the pomegranate arils make for a satisfying indulgence.
The season for pomegranates is short, and this is a fun way to add a pop of colour and nutrition to make the most of these Dark Chocolate Love Bite delights.
Dark Chocolate Love Bites
- 3½ ozs Dark Chocolate at least 70% cacao
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- Fill one large pot with water and place a smaller pot inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Ensure no water is able to get in the smaller pot.
- Add the dark chocolate into the smaller pot and stir continuously until melted.
- Spread a large piece of wax paper across your counter. Dollop a heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the wax paper so it forms a circle. Repeat until all chocolate has been used up. Immediately place 4 or 5 pomegranate seeds in the centre of each chocolate and then surround with slivered almonds.
- Let chocolate cool for 1 hour before peeling off of the wax paper. Arrange on a decorative plate or store in a mason jar. Enjoy!